SVS ONLINE STOCKS & SHARES ISA
SVS Online Stocks & Shares ISA allows clients to invest in a wide range of sterling listed ISA eligible stock and take advantage of the various tax benefits of doing so in an ISA. Our online platform makes it even easier to trade the stocks and shares that you want to trade exactly when you want to trade them.
The new tax year has arrived
You can now subscribe up to £11,520 to a 2013/2014 SVS Online Stocks and Shares ISA
WHAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL SAVINGS ACCOUNT (ISA)?
An ISA is a tax efficient savings account. Cash and a wide range of investments can be held in an ISA and there are no restrictions on withdrawals. Some people invest in ISAs to grow their savings, some to put money aside for their future and some to generate an income. Whatever your reason for investing, SVS Online Stocks & Shares ISA makes investing quick and easy. You can invest up to £11,520 in the 2013/14 tax year and under current tax rules, you do not have to pay income tax on dividends received or capital gains tax (CGT) on returns from any investments in your ISA.
CHARGES ON AN SVS ONLINE ISA
- £1 per trade for the first 30 days from funds being received
- £5.75 per trade on any trades thereafter
- NO Annual or Management Fees
TAX BENEFITS OF AN SVS ONLINE ISA
- There is no further tax to pay on any dividends after the 10% ‘tax credit’ has been deducted prior to the dividend being received. This also applies to Higher rate tax payers.
- You won’t have to pay Capital Gains Tax on profits within your ISA.
WHAT INVESTMENT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
An SVS Online Stocks & Shares ISA allows you to invest in a wide range of ISA eligible stocks and shares listed in Sterling. Our easy-to-use online platform makes switching between investments within your ISA quick and simple. You can make the investments you want exactly when you want them. You should remember however that an ISA is not a risk free product, investments can go down as well as up and the value of your portfolio may end up being less than the initial sum invested. Tax benefits depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change.
IS NOW THE RIGHT TIME TO INVEST?
You can only put money into one Stocks and Shares ISA in each tax year. When investing in an ISA there is a limit on the amount that can be subscribed per tax year and for the year 2013/2014 the limit is £11,520, minus any money you may have already invested into a Cash ISA. You cannot roll allowance over to the next year, however you do not need to open a new account, you just continue subscribing to the one you have.
How do I open an account?
If you are an existing client you will need to login to your SVS Online account as usual and apply by clicking here then selecting the button on the My Accounts page.
If you are a new client you should click here to apply for an Individual SVS Online account then choose the ISA option on step 4
Who can subscribe to a stocks and shares ISA?
To be eligible to subscribe to an ISA you must:
- be an individual
- be aged 18 or over
- be resident in the United Kingdom or, if not so resident, be performing duties as a Crown employee serving overseas and paid out of the public revenue of the United Kingdom (typically a serving member of the armed forces, or a diplomat), or be married to, or in a civil partnership with, such a person
- not have subscribed to another ISA of the same type in that tax year (but where a cash ISA is transferred to a stocks and shares ISA
- not have exceeded the overall subscription limit.